School Council meetings are held on the 2nd Tuesday of each month, except during school holidays.
Meetings begin at 6.00pm and are held in the staff room. Extraordinary meetings may be held at other times.
All government schools in Victoria have School Councils. They are legally formed bodies, which are given powers to set the key directions of a school. In doing so, a School Council is able to directly influence the quality of education provided to its students.
The School Council has responsibilities for developing such things as:
- The school’s strategic plan, which sets out the main goals and priorities of the school for 3 years.
- The school’s budget, which shares out the available resources to enable the plans in the charter to be carried out.
- The general education policy of the school.
- The physical appearance and maintenance of the school’s buildings and grounds.
- The student code of conduct.
- An annual report on the school’s achievements
Joining our school council
Parents on council provide important viewpoints and have valuable skills, which help in shaping the direction of our school. All parents are welcome to join our school council. Please contact the school on 56881460 for more information.